A PEN THAT WORKS AT ALL TIMES!!!
Getting a reliable pen for use on the road sounds simple but it took me a long time to find one that fit all my requirements. Many pens that I had tried, either leaked, due to high altitude (airplanes and at high elevations like the Himalayas or Andes), or just plain failed because they were cheaply made and not durable. Having a pen that works ALL THE TIME is essential for me as a photojournalist. I wanted something that was light, small, durable and high quality. I finally found the answer and wanted to share it with you…..
Here’s why I recommend the Fisher “Stowaway” Space Pen…
- It combines a compact, stowaway design with a pressurized ink cartridge that allows the pen to write nearly anywhere, on anything.
- The pressurized ink cartridge continuously feeds ink to the tungsten carbide ball, allowing pen to write at any angle–even upside down Visco-elastic ink writes smoothly and dependably on most surfaces, even under water, over fingerprints, in freezing cold, extreme heat and in space!
- It’s made of Stainless-steel, with a precision-machined socket that prevents leaks and oozing, yet delivers uniform ink flow.
- It’s small, compact design fits almost anywhere; measures 3.75 inches and weighs less than 0.2 ounces Ink will not dry out for over 100 years
- It is available in black ink; medium point
Since 1967, Fisher Space Pens have been used by American astronauts on all manned space flights.
They sell for about $8.00 at REI (click here for REI’s page). The pen is not cheap, but having to replace ruined travel shirts due to pens that leak, can cost you a lot more.